Augusta DUI Defense Attorneys
Even a first-offense DUI can lead to serious consequences for an offender. You may be forced to pay excessive fines, lose your license or wind up in jail. It is critical that you hire an experienced DUI defense lawyer as soon as possible after you have been charged.
Protect Your Rights ? Keep Your License ? Stay Out of Jail
At Plunkett, Hamilton, Manton & Graves, LLP, our attorneys can evaluate your case to determine if there are grounds to challenge the evidence against you. If your guilt is not in question, our drunk driving defense attorneys work with the court in exploring alternatives to lengthy license suspension and jail. Depending on your driving record, we may be able to reduce the charges or sentence against you.
All of our DUI defense attorneys are highly experienced in the investigation of DUIs. We are diligent in the preservation and presentation of evidence to support your case. Our attorneys can appropriately assess the actions of the officer to determine whether there was an improper stop or improper administration of a Breathalyzer or field sobriety test.
Contact a drunk driving defense lawyer now at our firm to ensure an immediate and effective defense to your DUI charge.
Quality DUI Defense Is Critical
When you are charged with a criminal DUI/DWI offense, quality criminal defense is critical. Our firm can provide the legal support you need to protect your rights.
If you have been charged with a DUI, remember:
- Law enforcement officers will begin collecting evidence against you from the moment you are pulled over. It is imperative that you protect your rights with a legal advocate you can trust. Our attorneys will immediately begin protecting your rights and building your case against the prosecution.
- A police officer must have reasonable suspicion to pull you over. After you’ve been pulled over, the officer is supposed to conduct a field sobriety test in order to determine if he or she has probable cause to ask you to take a Breathalyzer test. An officer cannot stop you or perform a Breathalyzer unless they follow proper procedure or observe erratic driving behavior such as swerving, speeding, or some other driving offense.
- You can defeat a DUI charge. With effective legal advocacy you may be able to defeat a DUI. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case to identify weakness in the prosecution’s case. We are experienced with courtroom advocacy to effectively combat a DUI.
First-Offense Drunk Driving Penalties
While the court has some discretion in regard to sentencing, in general, the following penalties apply if you are convicted of drunk driving for the first time:
- Fine/fees: $300 to $1,000
- License suspension: One year
- Jail: 10 days to a year
- Community service: 40 hours
- DUI driver education: Mandatory
In addition to first-time DUI offenses, we also handle repeat or multiple drunk driving offenses as well as drunk driving accidents that may be charged as reckless homicide or manslaughter. These carry very serious consequences and even more extreme penalties.
If you have been charged with underage drinking or teenage drunk driving, our attorneys can also help protect your immediate rights and your future.
Charged with Drunk Driving? Evans, Georgia, Attorneys Can Help
If you need aggressive drunk driving defense, contact our law firm today to get started on protecting your rights.